Counting My Blessings
This Thanksgiving morning I am currently sitting in bed at Ed’s mother’s house hearing the sounds of recently-aquired family members downstairs. It’s an interesting feeling having been married less than a year now to be getting to know these people as family. Don’t know how to describe it exactly, but it’s been a good experience.
I want to list 10 things that I am thankful for in honor of Thanksgiving.
- Freethought, and the freedom to express it.
- My Health
- Good water and food, not something that everyone in the world has.
- A good job, especially in a time of high unemployment.
- Science, for technology and for insights into who we are and where we come from.
- Good friends
- Good books
- All the people who have gone before who have fought and sacrificed much for freedom for Americans, for women, and for atheists.
And that is a lot to be Thankful for.