Highlights of 2011:
- Record attendance at the best American Atheists convention ever, at which my husband and I signed on as life members.
- My first time to attend Skepticon!
- Kentucky Secular Society was granted official non-profit status from the IRS (even after some rather humourous questions in their letter requesting further information).
- For the first time, we hosted the family Thanksgiving at my house, and I roasted my first turkey. And was very pleased with how it turned out. 🙂
- And, of course, the word did not end nor did the rapture happen, much to the disappointment of the followers of Harold Camping.
- Getting my vision corrected with Lasik in January! For once I will be able to see clearly as soon as my eyes open in the morning. That is something I have not had since before I was eight years old, and I am excited.
- Attend the Reason Rally in March!
- Attend Skepticon V.
- Continue to write more in the blog. For most of 2011 I neglected to write much of anything, but I have started to turn this around in December. I intend to continue to write frequently using series such as “Why I am an Atheist” and in dialogue with other bloggers such as The Warrioress.
- In general to focus more on the positive and uplifting in my inner thought life, and less on the negative.
Here’s to a happy, sucessful, prosperous, godless New Year!